• Inflight or aircraft cooking is an administration given by organizations amid air travel and at the airplane terminals. Catering turns into an exceptionally basic piece of the business, particularly for Network Carriers serving long distances. Meal structure and supper arranging are essential procedures for providing food services. As indicated by the International Air Transport Association (IATA), providing food arranging and cooking tasks are crucial things of inflight administrations. The development of inflight providing food showcase is generally subject to the improvement and development of the aviation business sector.
• Growth in passenger air traffic, expansion of global air-fleets with the launch of new airlines and advancement in food-ordering technology are the key drivers for the market growth. With a growing global population, the airline industry is experiencing increased air traffic across the globe. According to the International Air Transport Association (IATA), airlines carried around 3.8 billion passengers on scheduled services in the year 2016, an increase of 7.4% over 2015. This factor has propelled the in-flight catering market significantly.
• Expansion of global air fleet and launch of new airlines would boost the market growth. Increasing demand for air travel has pushed the airline companies to expand their existing air fleet. Further, new players are entering into the air travel industry to exploit lucrative opportunities with the market. According to Airline Network News & Analysis, 79 new airlines were launched in 2017 worldwide. Europe is the largest region with over 37% of the new airlines share.
• Provision of free in-flight meals by the low-cost carrier and poor quality of food owing to high altitude are the market restraints for the market growth globally. Human taste buds do not work correctly at high altitudes. This phenomenon is responsible for the bad and mediocre taste of airline food. Further, dryness and pressure inside the airplane cabin affect the sense of smell. Moreover, the in-flight food is precooked before considerable time and packed in a plastic container which also affects the taste. Passengers do not prefer in-flight or onboard food owing to these factors. This factor might hamper the performance of the market in the coming years.
• Based on aircraft seating class, the global market for In-flight catering is broadly segmented as business class, economy class, and first class. The global economy class market was worth $13.3 million in 2018 and is forecasted to reach $XX million by 2026, at a CAGR of XX% during the forecast period. It is expected to be the largest market segment in the forecast period. Airlines around the world are moving toward economy seating densification. This doesn’t necessarily mean less comfort for passengers. Preferably, it is an effort to decrease weight on the plane, and to increase the number of passengers that can fly in economy sections. Due to the increase in passengers on the flight, Airlines has an opportunity to enhance in-flight catering business. As travel news report, the food serve in economy class is expect pre-packaged butter, plastic cups, and a shrink-wrapped microwave dinner, but in business class food serve exquisite, the food served with whipped butter in a delicate china dish, salt, and pepper in mini shakers and a seared with champagne.
• Depends on flight service type, the global market for In-flight catering is classified as FSC and LCC. The global FSC was worth $13 million in 2018 and is forecasted to reach $XX million by 2026, at a CAGR of XX% during the forecast period. FSC provides flights to big hub airports, and their network could be described as ‘hub and spoke’ FSC flights mostly connected with major cities, their network is extensive and offers a variety of connections and possibilities. Generally, FSC offers higher fares, as well as they offer discounts to keep their planes full. And provide Special corporate deals, across the board discounts also route deals. FSC is offering mostly international and intercontinental flights, and a lot of them are national carriers, as examples of typical FSC can serve Austrian Airlines, Air France, British Airways, Quantas, and many others.
• Based on food type, the global market for In-flight catering is broadly segmented as beverages, bakery, and confectionery, meals, and others.
• The global In-flight Catering Market is segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, South America, and Middle East & Africa.
• Europe is estimated to reach a market value of US$ XX billion by 2026 from an initial market value of US$ 7 billion in 2018. Europe holds the largest market share globally in the year 2018. Among Europe countries, Germany is one of the major passenger airport countries among the European nations. Germany is estimated to reach a market value of US$ XX billion by 2026 from an initial market value of US$ 1.26 billion in 2018. The market is expected to grow at a CAGR of 4.9% in the forecasted period 2018-2026. Higher levels of average spend due to high disposable income levels and higher than average proportion of business travelers. These factors contribute Germany to be ahead in the race. Demand for regional and organic food continues to increase in Europe, including in Germany. Sustainable or locally-sourced food on airline flights is the new practice in the in-flight catering market. Frankfurt, Munich, Düsseldorf, Berlin Tegel, and Hamburg are the top 5 German passenger trips to these regions. The UK is a global player in the aviation market and stands third at aviation network in the world. Direct connections to international flights and the frequent travelers saw in the adult population.
• North America is estimated to reach a market value of US$ XX billion by 2026 from an initial market value of US$ 06 billion in 2018. Victoria International Airport is one of the fastest growing Airport in Canada. In 2017, The airport saw a record with 1,934,832 passengers, up 4.2% over 2016. In response to this strong passenger growth, the company decided to expand the lower passenger departure lounge. And providing dedicated aircraft gates and covered walkways, new washrooms and additional food & beverage and retail. In addition to the new food comes a new way of serving and on fresh ingredients, which is prepared in-house for first and business classes. DO & CO DO & CO New York Catering, Inc. launch the service by catering all British Airways flights from London Heathrow and London City to New York JFK, as well as from London to Chicago O’Hare, in first and business classes.
• Few key players in the market are Gate Gourmet Do & Co, Dnata, Jetfinity, Newrest, Compass Group, Goddard catering, Air Culinaire Worldwide, Cathay Pacific Inflight Services, LSG Lufthansa Service Holding AG, Emirates Flight Catering and Sats Ltd.
• On January 10, 2018, Gate Group Holdings AG announced a joint venture agreement with Asiana Airline to serve at key Korean airports for the next 30 years. The Gate Group Holdings AG will hold around 60% stake in a joint venture which also includes the creation of a new state-of-the-art facility in Incheon.
• LSG Sky Chefs and Air New Zealand announced their partnership on 4 October 2017 to minimize in-flight food wastage. The partnership initiative is expected to divert around 150 ton of food waste annually from landfills. The initiative is named as Project Green and was successful in diverting about 13 ton of waste from landfills.
DataM Intelligence was incorporated in the early weeks of 2017 as a Market Research and Consulting firm with just two people on board. Within a span of less than a year we have secured more than 100 unique customers from established organizations all over the world.