• Freeze-dried foods are different from dehydrated food. Food is cooled during Freeze-drying while dehydration requires heating. Cooling does not cause structural changes in protein molecules or other nutrients.
• So Freeze-dried food is almost identical to fresh food. In the Pet Food Industry, ‘Natural’ has become a buzzword.
• Freeze-dried food is the closest lightweight substitute to fresh food. Because of this, freeze-dried food market increased 15% in 2015 compared to only 3% increase in refrigerated product.
• The most significant factor driving the freeze-dried Pet food market is increasing pet population. ‘Nuclear Family’ structure in western countries has caused pets to become part of the family.
• A significant percentage of pet owners give Christmas and birthday presents to their pets. Japan has more pets than children. There are more than 600 million pets in the world. This phenomenon is not likely to change anytime soon.
• Another factor that distinguishes the Freeze-dried pet foods industry within pet food Industry is the sheer superiority of Freeze-dried pet food products.
• The most significant restraint to freeze-dried pet foods is cost, they are costly, especially in developing countries, and they are unaffordable to most pet owners than in developed countries.
• Freeze-dried pet foods are generally meant to be extra food. It is sometimes difficult to find ‘Complete and balanced’ Freeze-dried food products. ‘Complete and Balanced’ Food means food that contains all necessary nutrients in the right amount that pet needs as determined by AAFCO’s (Association of American Feed Control Official’s).
• Freeze-dried Pet Foods Market can be segmented by process type, by Grain type, and by pet type.
• Based on Process type, Freeze-fried pet food market can be classified as 100% freeze-dried, and Freeze-dried or partly freeze-dried. Dehydrated products lose 40% of its nutritional value, whereas Freeze-dried products lose only 3% of its nutrients.
• They generally look better than dehydrated food. Freeze-dried food tastes better because freeze-drying concentrates the flavor of food.
• Based on Geography, Freeze-dried Pet Foods market is segmented into five regions. North America, South America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Rest of the World.
• North America has the highest share in the market with high pet adoption rate in this region. Growing pet adoption trend in the European area will drive the freeze-dried pet food in the European market over the forecast period to 2026.
• Freeze-dried Pet Foods market is very competitive globally. There are many companies which provide freeze-dried pet food products. Some of the key players are Primal Pet Foods, Steve’s Real Food, Stella & Chewy’s, LLC, Bravo, LLC, Vital Essentials, Champion Pet foods, Stewart Brand Dog Food, Carnivora, K9 Natural, Wisconsin Freeze Dried, etc.
• Manufacturers are mixing Freeze-dried raw meat with dry pet food to provide an affordable range of products to the pet owners. Companies are also focusing on developing naturally gluten-free, preservative-free freeze-dried ingredients to attract more pet owners.
DataM Intelligence was incorporated in the early weeks of 2017 as a Market Research and Consulting firm with just two people on board. Within a span of less than a year we have secured more than 100 unique customers from established organizations all over the world.